For a few hundred dollars, you can buy a degree of any college in the world. It is served by a billion dollar industry which is placing wrong people in important positions, depriving deserving ones from getting jobs and ruining the reputation of colleges and countries.
There are millions of people with fake diplomas in every country. There is a chance that your child’s doctor or your next flight’s pilot has a bogus degree. It affects all of us.
The authors, John Bear and Allen Ezell have made a compelling case in their book: “Degree Mills: The Billion-Dollar Industry That Has Sold Over a Million Fake Diplomas”. With author’s permission, we have the eye-opening chapter titled – “Introduction: Another Day At The Office”.
- Wrong people in responsible jobs
- Country’s reputation tarnished internationally
- Reputation of Universities and Institutes affected
- Fuels multi-layered corruption
- Customers of fake degree professionals
- Employers with potential liability
- The innocent students
- The Taxpayers